West Point Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WPA Defenses

2 posters

Go down

WPA Defenses Empty WPA Defenses

Post  The Bear Jew Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Defenses:
WPA Defenses Defense

All players below lvl 30 should have the strongest static defenses that they can build on all there bases.

Decent base defense for lvl 25 and below players:
10 Ion(scrap Ions when you get Disruptor Tech)
10 Photons(scrap Photons when Disruptor Tech is available)
(Get 15 Disruptors as soon as possible)

Try to get Disruptor Tech before you reach lvl 25 and Ring Tech before lvl 30
If u manage to get ring tech before lvl 30 then you should be fine.

Decent base defense before lvl 40:
15 Disruptor Turrets(20 on Main Production Base)
15 Planetary Shields(20 on Main Production Base)
15 Planetary Rings(20 or 25 Rings on Main Production Base)
3 Dreadnoughts

NOTHING ELSE IS ACCEPTABLE

Base Defense for players lvl 40 and above:
20 Disruptor Turrets
25 Planetary Shields
30 Planetary Rings
3 Dreadnoughts

There is no such thing as a defensive fleet. The only fleet sitting on top of your base for Defense should be 3 Dreads, Nothing Else is acceptable. You should have 10 command centers on each base and and 15-20 on your main Production Base.
You can station your main fleet on you Main Production base.

All bases are production bases with secondary duties of research. CCs are only needed on a high level JG.
The best defense is building lots of fleet, not building turtle bases with huge defenses. Controlling your galaxy is the best defense.
Do not leave a lot of fleet on any base at anytime.

All Bases are production bases excluding Research bases. Your should have 2-3 bases strictly for research. controlling the galaxy is the best defense but from what I see WPA members are quite spread at the moment so it is impossible to control the galaxy, unless we do a relocation. Building alot of fleet is not the best defense, You attacker can see your fleet therefore they know what they need to take out your fleet. Having a huge fleet for base defense = Massive profit for enemies. Static Defenses and Dreads are the only defenses you should have besides a small amount of fighters to prevent pillages. You should leave fleet on your capital/highest production base as defense, and the defense should be 3 dreads and a spread of different units.

A good defense depends on two things, what your turrets are and what the enemy tech is. Your armor tech matters very little. Your weapons tech matters a lot. Both enemy armor and weapons techs matter a lot.

If a fighter does 2 damage (its base) then it takes 8 fighters to kill a missile turret at base health (so 40 fighters for 5/5 missile turrets). This assumes 0 armor and 0 laser, in which case, the fighters all die and so does the missile turret. At 0 armor, there is 0 debris to pick up, which means the loss of the 40 fighters costs 200 credits.

If a fighter does 4 damage (level 20 laser) and has 4 armor (level 20 armor) then 5/5 missile turrets with 18 missile tech would still require 40 fighters to kill, and would kill about 38 of them (assuming missile 18 ). This would leave 76 debris and 190 in attacker losses, which means the cost of the attack is 114 credits.

If a fighter does 5 damage (level 30 laser) and has 5 armor (level 30 armor) then assuming the same scenario with 28 missile tech, 2 fighters remain after the attack, with 114 credits in debris, meaning the cost of the attack is 76 credits.

So basically, as the server advances in age and the players' technology range is generally higher, the defenses you need to protect the base are higher.

The Bear Jew

Back to top Go down

WPA Defenses Empty Re: WPA Defenses

Post  Drakgard Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:30 am

This part might confuse readers:

All bases are production bases with secondary duties of research. CCs are only needed on a high level JG.
The best defense is building lots of fleet, not building turtle bases with huge defenses. Controlling your galaxy is the best defense.
Do not leave a lot of fleet on any base at anytime.

All Bases are production bases excluding Research bases. Your should have 2-3 bases strictly for research. controlling the galaxy is the best defense but from what I see WPA members are quite spread at the moment so it is impossible to control the galaxy, unless we do a relocation. Building alot of fleet is not the best defense, You attacker can see your fleet therefore they know what they need to take out your fleet. Having a huge fleet for base defense = Massive profit for enemies. Static Defenses and Dreads are the only defenses you should have besides a small amount of fighters to prevent pillages. You should leave fleet on your capital/highest production base as defense, and the defense should be 3 dreads and a spread of different units.

Drakgard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bear Jew Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 pm

All formerly occupied bases regenerate 2 credits each day, until they reach full econ.

The Bear Jew

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bear Jew Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 pm

RLB Havoc zRipper1 Msg Player 26 Jan 2010, 22:45:09
im seeing quite a few posts on the combat board, where ppl got attacked, who had ions and plasma turrets and still had stuff like barracks, laser and missile turrets. get rid of whatever ain't your 2 very best defence turrets, they drag you down, becouse what happens is the enemy will most likely attack you in sesions, and by doing this he hits your lower turrets first becouse they don't have a lot of armour, and when the new attack session starts, the remainder of your heavy turrets power gets divided up between all your turrets, which means again he can take out your lower turrets and so on. this way you are quite profitable, becouse your heavy defences means jack becouse he keeps steeling their power to boost your crappy turrets.

Get rid of your weak stuff, i have never in my life even built a barracks its to weak to do anything.

go look at the tables section and see that as your defences gets better their power and armour rises drasticly

2 Barracks=1 laser
2 laser = 1 missile
1.5 missile = 1 plasma
1.5 plasma = 1 Ion
2 Ion = 1 photon
4 photon = 1 dizzy
4 dizzy = 1 pshield.

this is based on a 0 tech basis.

so for those of you who has barracks through to ions, you would need 8 barracks to match 1 ion, which in effect uses 8 spaces on your planet which is a complete waist, this space could be used for your command centers. plus barracks don't even have shields.

if you had 2 ion and 2 photon, and you installed 1 dizzy, then that 1 dizzy is stronger than your 4 other turrets together. and that space could be used else where.

here is a instance for you if you have

5/5 baracks
5/5 laser
5/5 missile
5/5 plasma
5/5 ion.

and someone attacks you with a big fighter drop, you will most likly end up with 0 baracks, laser and missile and lets say 4 plasma and ion.
then when the next round begins that power gets divided up between all turrets and you end up with 1.6 on each tower. and then he will probably take you out. but this means you lost 134 power. which is unacceptable.

to give you an idea. the other day on another server, i was attacked. by an idiot. he used outpost ships, scout ships and carriers in his fleet that he attacked me with. he had over 40k fleet. i had 10/10 dizzy's thats only lvl2 5/5 deflector shields 1 command center which gives only 5% boost to fleet and 19k fleet. this was a production base of mine so it inculed carriers and recyclers and 6 battleships.
he attacked 3 times not conquering me at all, when he was done i had 4.5/10 dizzys left and no fleet. then after he lost about 42k fleet he left. not picking up the 24k derbs. so i picked it up, so thanks to my good defence, and stupid fleet lying around i still made 5k profit of him attacking me. i also got somthing like 3k exp, where he got 2k even if he picked up the derbs he would have still had a big loss of 18k

this is to show you that having the 2 best defence turret types and only the 2 best defence turret types, you can actually make you so unprofitable, that you could make money out of ppl attacking you. ok, granted this guy was an idiot.

The Bear Jew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum